Location: South Africa–>Kruger National Park–>Timbavati Game Reserve
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Timbavati Nature Reserve, 53 392 unfenced hectares of gorgeous nature reserve, is located to the north and west of the famous Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve and the Kruger National Park, respectively. Decades old, this reserve is a much treasured getaway destination. With more than forty species of mammal and over 360 bird species, and gorgeous facilities, guests are guaranteed all the relaxation and authentic bush adventure of the very best safari trip.
Ambient and relaxing, expansive and varied, Gomo Gomo Game Lodge is an exclusive and very intimate experience – a huge traversing area, with masses of wildlife and bird species, breakfast, lunch and dinner at luxury facilities, with accommodation meeting extremely high standards, and views of the dreamy landscape as an accompaniment to tall tales told over an evening drink. This 6000 hectare safari getaway is a true, authentic bushveld experience.
Guests regularly comment on the extremely accommodating staff and guide team, remarking on the lengths gone to to ensure a perfect animal sighting or comfortable room.
Accommodation at Gomo Gomo comprises of thatched roofed chalets, featuring either two bed chalets (one room, double or single beds and luxurious bathroom) and four bed family chalets (two rooms, one double bed and two single beds and shared luxurious bathroom).
- There are daily scheduled flights on SA Express Airways from Johannesburg to Eastgate Airport, Hoedspruit (±1 hour’s drive from the lodge).
- There is a landing strip on the property, should you wish to fly directly to the lodge.
- Airstrip information: Altitude – 1200 ft. Length 900m. Coordinates S 24 11.88 E031 21.68
- Road transfers to and from the airport can be arranged on request.
- Avis and Europcar have depots at Eastgate Airport.
- From Johannesburg:
- Continue onto N12
- Merge onto N4 (Toll road)
- Take the exit toward R33
- Turn left onto R33
- Turn right onto Steven Masango St
- Continue onto R540
- Continue onto Lion Cachet St
- Continue onto Hugenoten St
- Continue onto R540
- Turn left onto R36
- Turn left onto Voortrekker St/R36/R37
- Turn right onto De Clercq St/R36/R37
- Continue to follow R36
- Continue onto R527
- Turn right onto Klaserie Rd
- Turn left onto Argyle Rd – 17,9 km
- Turn left – 3,9 km
- Turn right – 5,1 km<
- Turn left
- Destination will be on the left – 3,5 km
Gomo Gomo Game Lodge
Please Note: Entering through the Timbavati Private Game Reserve gate you will be required to pay a Conservation levy of R170 per person and R120 toll for your vehicle. The entrance fee can only be confirmed at the time of making your reservation (prices subject to change)
GPS: -24.2212 (latitude) 31.355300 (longitude)
|01 Aug 2013 – 30 Apr 2014||01 May 2014 – 31 Jul 2014||01 Aug 2014 – 30 Apr 2015|