Hamiltons Tented Camp
Location: South Africa–>Kruger National Park–>Kruger Park Private Concessions
Accommodation Type: Lodge
In the early 1900s, James Stevenson-Hamilton was appointed as the first warden of the Sabi Nature Reserve. His first order of business was to announce that no shooting was to be allowed, believing that if animals were free to live in the veld, as they were before the arrival of man, they would flock to the area and lose their fear of humans. This was the start of 44 years of service to the game reserve, now known as the Kruger National Park, which today is one of the largest and most bio diverse game reserves on the African continent.
Hamilton’s Tented Camp pays tribute to this man. The camp, located in the Imbali concession, reflects the grace and elegance of a bygone era, epitomising the tradition of the luxurious African safari. The spacious and sumptuous lodge reflects the style of the 20th century African safari adventure, offering unparalleled service and attention to all guests.
The intimate Hamilton’s Tented Camp offers six splendid canvas tents, all of which are en-suite with romantic, elegant slipper baths and outdoor showers overlooking the river. King-size canopy beds, lavishly draped in mosquito netting, are dressed in crisp white linens, and private verandahs offer magnificent views of the Ngwenyeni dam. Raised timber walkways meander beneath ancient Jackalberry trees and link the tents to the main lodge.
Wellness & Spa
- SA Express from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit
- SA Airlink from Cape Town to Hoedspruit
- SA Airlink from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit
- Private Charters available to private airstrip, lodge will do transfer
- After departing from Johannesburg International Airport
- Take the R21 highway towards Pretoria (North)
- Before Pretoria, take the N4 highway East
- Turnoff at Belfast, take the R540 towards Dullstroom (approximately 37km)
- At Dullstroom, take the R540 towards Lydenburg (approximately 43km)
- At Lydenburg, take the R36 towards Ohrigstad (approximately 62km)
- At Ohrigstad, take the R527 towards Hoedspruit (Note: You will pass through the JG Strijdom Tunnel)
- 16km before Hoedspruit at the Swadini Reptile Centre, turn right onto the R531 towards Klaserie
- After approximately 30km, turn left onto the Orpen Gate Road (R531)
- After 40km you will reach the Orpen Gate of the Kruger National Park
- Take the H7 towards Satara
- Drive for approximately 6.7km
- Turn right onto the S106 (Dirt Road)
- After 1.6km, turn right onto the S140 towards Talamati
- After 19.5km, turn right onto the S145
- After 13kms you will reach a T-junction, turn right onto the S36
- 6.5kms further the roads forks, keep right (follow the Hamiltons signage and proceed through the no entry sign)
- Carry on along this road for 2kms, going through a low water bridge
- Approximately 400 meters after the low water bridge turn right at the no entry sign
- Take the first road to your right and you will find Hamiltons Tented Camp
Please note: you will need to pay a gate entrance fee of R160 per vehicle and R40 per person. Entrance through this gate should be no later than 16:00 else a late permit will be required. (Prices subject to change)
GPS: -24.624200 (latitude) 31.672800 (longitude)
|STANDARD ROOMS||1 Jan – 31 Dec 2015|
|Per person per night sharing||R4490|
|Per person per night single||R6730|
- Rates are quoted per person per night and are inclusive of accommodation, three meals, two game activities and VAT at 14%
- Rates exclude transfers, beverages and park entry fees which are currently R62.00 per person per stay, subject to change
- Children of 8 years of age and over are charged the full adult rate
- All extras to be settled directly on departure
- Complimentary transfers from Hoedspruit or Skukuza Airports with the Imbali transfer vehicle, subject to availability at time of reservation. (Valid for FIT bookings only and must be pre-booked at time of reservation.)
- The transfer from Skukuza Airport to the three safari lodges is approximately 60km, with a drive time of 1.5 hours depending on game viewing stops along the way. Transfers from Hoedspruit Airport are approximately 1.5 hours with an hour of that being inside the Kruger.
- Beverage Supplement: R 360.00 per person per day, includes soft drinks, local beers, local spirits and wines. Imported beverages are not included.
0 – 7 years – Not permitted at the lodge
8 years and older – Considered as adults and accommodated in their own rooms. Pay full adult rates and are permitted on game drive.
Triple Sharing – Not applicable, rooms accommodate a maximum of 2 persons