Location: South Africa–>Kruger National Park–>Kruger Park Private Concessions
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Comfort Level: Luxury
The luxurious Imbali Lodge is picturesquely sited on the banks of the N’waswitsontso River within the private Mluwati concession. The concession, covering 10 000 hectares of pristine wilderness, is located in the central region of the Kruger National Park. Eco-sensitive policies guided the design and structure of Imbali Safari Lodge, which prides itself on a minimal environmental impact. However, the exclusive lodge still reflects the grace and elegance of a bygone era, epitomising the tradition of the luxurious African safari.
Imbali Safari Lodge offers twelve spacious private suites accommodating a maximum of 24 guests. The suites are reminiscent of a 1900s African safari, with finely crafted furniture and luxurious linens creating an understated, yet opulent, atmosphere. Each suite has an elegant private lounge area, which includes a fireplace. All suites have full en-suite bathrooms with romantic antique bathtubs and enormous picture windows with views of the riverine bush.
Expansive glass windows and doors combine with spacious secluded timber decks to allow for optimal private game-viewing. Each deck has a Jacuzzi or plunge pool, a sala and comfortable loungers, ensuring a tranquil space to relax and refresh.
Wellness & Spa
- SA Express from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit
- SA Airlink from Cape Town to Hoedspruit
- SA Airlink from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit
- Private Charters available to private airstrip, lodge will do transfer
From Johannesburg take the N12 to Witbank, stay on the N4 until Belfast turn off reached
Turn left into Belfast go through Belfast & at the end of town turn right towards Dullstroom on the R540
Stay on this road through Dullstroom until Lydenburg is reached
- Follow signs to Ohrigstad (R533)
- Go through Ohrigstad & stay on this road which will take you through the Strijdom tunnel.
- Stay on this road until you reach Swadini Snakepark on your left hand side
- Turn right onto the R531
- Follow this road until you see the sign boards for Orpen & Our Camps (Imbali Safari Lodge, Hoyo Hoyo Tsonga Village and Hamiltons Tented Camp)
- Turn left towards Orpen Gate & stay on this road (R531) for 40KM
- Take the H7 towards Satara
- Drive for approximately 6.7km
- Turn right onto the S106 (Dirt Road)
- After 1.6km, turn right onto the S140 towards Talamati
- After 19.5km, turn right onto the S145
- Continue along the S145 for 10km till you see the Imbali sign, turn right
- After 3.5km you will reach a T-junction which is signposted, turn left
- From Orpen and Kruger Gates take the S36 and follow the signs to the lodge
Orpen Gate Entry – Please note: you will need to pay a gate entrance fee of R160 per vehicle and R40 per person. Entrance through this gate should be no later than 16:00 else a late permit will be required. (Prices subject to change)
GPS: -24.602000 (latitude) 31.630600 (longitude)
|STANDARD ROOMS||1 Jan – 31 Dec 2015|
|Per person per night sharing||R 4285|
|Per person per night single||R 6040|
|Per child 6-11 years||R 2140|
- Rates are quoted per person per night and are inclusive of accommodation, three meals, two game activities and VAT at 14%
- Rates exclude transfers, beverages and park entry fees which are currently R62.00 per person per stay, subject to change
- Children of 8 years of age and over are charged the full adult rate
- All extras to be settled directly on departure
- Complimentary transfers from Hoedspruit or Skukuza Airports with the Imbali transfer vehicle, subject to availability at time of reservation. (Valid for FIT bookings only and must be pre-booked at time of reservation.)
- The transfer from Skukuza Airport to the three safari lodges is approximately 60km, with a drive time of 1.5 hours depending on game viewing stops along the way. Transfers from Hoedspruit Airport are approximately 1.5 hours with an hour of that being inside the Kruger.
- Beverage Supplement: R 360.00 per person per day, includes soft drinks, local beers, local spirits and wines. Imported beverages are not included.
- Children under 12 years of age can be accommodated with parents in the same room.
- 0 – 5 years of age Complimentary when sharing with full paying adults
- 6 – 11 years of age Pay published child rate when sharing with two full paying adults
- Full adult rate applicable if occupying their own room or if sharing with one full paying adult
- Children under the age of 8 years are not permitted on game drive
- A maximum of two children under 12 years can share with parents
- 12 years and older Considered as adults and accommodated in their own rooms. Pay full adult rates.
Triple Sharing: Not applicable, rooms accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12 years
Imbali Safari Lodge is situated in a Malaria area and it is advised to consult a medical professional regarding appropriate medication before your trip to this luxurious lodge.
Children are welcomed at Imbali Safari Lodge and those over the age of 8 are permitted on game drives. Junior ranger programs are available for children under the age of 8. Children over the age of 12 are considered adults and stay in their own room at the full adult rate. Parents must accompany children at all times, as the camp is unfenced and wildlife moves freely throughout the camp.