Jock Safari Lodge
Location: South Africa –> Kruger National Park –> Kruger Park Private Concessions –> Jock Safari Lodges
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Good For: Solo, Couple/Romantic
Midway between Skukuza and Berg-en-dal restcamps, in the south-western corner of the world-renowned Kruger Park, lies Jock Safari Lodge. Surrounded by unspoilt wilderness at the confluence of the Mitomeni and Biyamiti rivers, the lodge is built in the 6 000 hectare Jock of the Bushveld Concession Area.
In the late 19th Century, the lure of gold brought men from all corners of the world to South Africa. Sir Percy Fitzpatrick, author of the animal classic, Jock of the Bushveld, was one of these pioneers. The lodge, named after the gutsy Staffordshire terrier, combines the romance and elegance of the colonial past with elements of the indigenous Zulu and Shangaan cultures, ensuring guests of an authentic yet luxurious safari experience.
Forever Wild Rhino Protection Initiative Special
- Donate a minimum of R300 per person per night when you make a booking to the Forever Wild Rhino Protection Initiative and receive a reduced rate of R3750 during High Season and and R3000 during Low Season
- Rates include five star luxury accommodation, game drives, high tea, guided walks, tea, coffee, water, game drive beverages
Terms and Conditions
- Offer is valid from the 11 January 2014 to the 19 December 2014
- All proceeds will be donated to the Wilderness Foundation.
- Rates and donations are quoted per person per night sharing.
- All donations are: payable at the time of booking, non-refundable and irrespective of age.
The twelve luxurious thatched suites are screened by verdant trees and reed walls, offering guests seclusion and privacy. The gracious suites have a private ‘Sala’ (outdoor lounge) overlooking the river, offering stunning views of the pristine bushveld and sightings of the Big Five from the comfort and privacy of the suite. Guests refresh themselves in Victorian ball-and-claw baths and outdoor showers and retire to beds enveloped by a walk-in canopy of mosquito netting. Private terraces with plunge pools provide the perfect spot for sundowners before ambling along the wooden walkways to the main lodge.
Wellness & Spa
- Take the N12 national road to Witbank which becomes the N4 national road.
- Follow the N4 through Nelspruit and Malelane.
- About 2 km outside Malelane, take the turn-off to enter the Kruger National Park at the Malelane Gate where an entrance fee is payable.
- Please have your confirmation or voucher with you.
- Once you enter Malelane gate, drive straight on the H3 road, for about 37 km and turn left at the “Jock Safari Lodge” sign.
- Then a 3 km dirt road and you are at the lodge.
- Distance from Johannesburg: +/- 458 km
|Suites||01 – 11 Jan &15 – 31 Dec 2015(PEAK SEASON)||12 Jan – 31 Mar &01 Aug – 14 Dec 2015 (HIGH SEASON)||01 Apr – 31 Jul 2015(LOW SEASON)|
|Per person per night sharing||R 5450||R 5100||R 4095|
|Per person per night single||R 8175||R 7650||R 6143|
- Long stay rates are available on request
- All rates are quoted on “per person per night” basis.
- Adults travelling:
o Adult Sharing rates apply to persons sharing one room.
o Single Adult rates are only applicable when one adult is staying by him/herself in one room. Not applicable when an adult is sharing a room with a child/children.
o Note that all rooms can sleep a maximum of two adults.
o Persons under the age of 12 years are not permitted on any walking safaris.
- This policy applies to all persons from 0 up to and including 11 years old.
- Persons under the age of 12 years are not permitted on any walking safaris.
- Main Jock accommodate families with children from 6 years and older on the following bases:
- Applicable adult rate(s) will apply to children of all ages.
- A minimum of three rooms must be booked per family in order to ensure that the family has sole use of a game viewing vehicle.
Above mentioned rates are inclusive of breakfast, lunch, dinner, high tea, game drives, guided walks, tea, coffee, water, game drive beverages, tourism levy and 14% Vat (all other beverages are excluded and can be settled upon departure).
Transfers / Gate Times
- Transfers can be arranged with reservations on request at an additional cost.
- All transfers are handled by accredited car hire and charter companies.
- All transfers must be arranged prior to arrival.
- Self-drive and road transfers from Kruger Mpumalanga Airport (KMIA/MQP) are subject to Kruger National Park gate times.
o The Kruger National park prohibits the use of roads within the park once the gates are closed; therefore guests need to be at their destination and transfer companies must be outside the park by the time the gates close.
o Jock Safari Lodge is approximately one (1) hour from the Malelane Gate and therefore we recommend that flights to / from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA/MQP) are booked to:
- arrive at KMIA/MQP no later than 14h30 on day of arrival
- depart from KMIA/MQP no earlier than 10h00 on day of departure
o No alternative arrangements can be made.