Kapama Buffalo Camp
Location: South Africa–>Kruger National Park–>Kapama Game Reserve
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Good For:Solo, Couple/Romantic
South Africa’s wild Limpopo Province is home to the fantastic Kapama Private Game Reserve – 13 000 hectares of wilderness, authentic and rugged, with the mammoth Drakensburg mountain range to the West and the world famous Kruger National Park to the East, this is also a place of luxury. Relaxing five star accommodation, professionally guided trips out into the bush aboard open 4 x 4s, and impossibly large populations of birds, impala and blue wildebeest combine with the relief of warm afternoon rains to create an atmosphere not easily found anywhere else.
Stylised and traditional, warm and inviting – Kapama Buffalo Camp is a quaint and exciting accommodation experience, five star luxury tented rooms, and intimately lit pathways, strategically placed help to create a romantic atmosphere of sepia glows and warmth.
Kapama Buffalo Camp is infused with the character of a serene destination with all the colour and wonder of the bush making you feel at home.
Accommodation at Kapama Buffalo Camp is provided in ten luxury safari tents, elevated above the forest floor on stilts. These tents are complete with scenic balconies, en-suite bathrooms with a large bath as well as his and hers basins, dressing rooms and air-conditioning, mini bar, all with a luxury leather finish.
Elephant interactive experience
The main area of Hoyo Hoyo Lodge centres around a sunken fire pit, surrounded by a circular timber deck with magnificent views of the waterhole and surrounding savannah. The spacious and comfortable lounge and dining rooms, each with large fireplaces, reflect the flowing circular shapes of the suites. The rim-flow swimming pool is the perfect spot to chill-off, with drinks served in an authentic calabash.
A healer or ‘nanga’ plays an important role at the Lodge, providing guests with a fascinating glimpse into the history of the Tsonga people. Staff, in traditional Tsonga dress, entertains with storytelling, song and dance around the fire at night. Meals are a highlight at Hoyo Hoyo, with a fusion of traditional fare and European flair.
Experienced rangers lead early morning and late afternoon game drives in open game-viewing vehicles. Alternatively, guests may head out on self-drive game drives.
If required, Hoyo Hoyo can accommodate a maximum of 12 delegates in an informal conference set-up. Relaxing spa treatments are available on request and can be enjoyed in the privacy of the guest suites.
- South African Express Airways operate two flights daily between Johannesburg International Airport and Eastgate Airport.
- Aircraft used are De Havilland Dash 8 carrying 50 passengers.
- For flight schedules please visit www.saexpress.co.za
- A daily scheduled flight from KMIA (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport) has been introduced by CFA Charters.
- This offers guests to Kapama the additional opportunity to fly to KMIA from Cape Town, Durban or Johannesburg and then link up with CFA Charters to Eastgate Airport.
- CFA can be contacted on 0860 232 247 or through their website www.cfa.co.za
- Transfers to lodge are available
- Take either the N12 or the N4 from Johannesburg to Witbank and Middelburg.
- Turn onto the R540 towards Belfast, Dullstroom and Lydenburg.
- Dullstroom is set on the highveld and is an ideal point for exploring the region.
- From Lydenburg proceed on the R36 to Orighstad, through the Strydom Tunnel to Hoedspruit.
- At Hoedspruit, take the R40 to Klaserie.
- For Kapama Reserve, continue on the R40 and turn left at the Eastgate Airport turn-off and continue for 15 km.
- Turn right at the Guernsey turnoff and continue on the gravel road for another 10 km.
- The Kapama Reserve entrance will be on your left-hand side.
Please note: you will need to pay a gate entrance fee of R160 per vehicle and R40 per person. The entrance fee can only be confirmed at the time of making your reservation. (Prices are subject to change)
GPS: -24.4512 (latitude), 31.0157 (longitude)
|TENTS (10)||1 Dec – 19 Dec 2014 & 6 Jan – 30 Nov 2015 |
|20 Dec 2014 – 5 Jan 2015 |
|Per person per night sharing||R 3600||R 4000|
|Per person per night single||R 5400||R 6000|
- Rate inclusions: Accommodation, all meals, teas & snacks, two daily safari activities with local drinks on these activities and return transfers from Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport (HDS).
- Rate exclusions: All drinks, optional extra activities and spa treatments and items of a personal nature.
- All extras to be settled directly on departure
No children under the age of 12 years can be accommodated at Buffalo Camp.
- Children younger than twelve cannot be accommodated at Kapama Buffalo Camp.
- Children must be twelve years of age and older to join in on game drives.
- Child minders are available at the lodge.
- Kapama Buffalo Camp is located in a low risk Malaria zone, and guests are urged to consult their GPs or chemists regarding appropriate medication before booking accommodation here.