Madikwe River Lodge
Location: South Africa–>North West–>Madikwe Reserve
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Good For: Solo, Couple/Romantic, Family
The Marico River meanders northwards forming the border between South Africa and Botswana, surrounded by some of the most pristine territory in southern Africa. It is on the banks of the Marico, surrounded by the 75 000 hectares of bushveld that make up the malaria-free Madikwe Reserve, that Madikwe River Lodge is set.
Discover the Big Five on game drives and bush walks or spend the day soaking up the relaxing tranquility of this incredible natural setting.
Set in the surrounds of a cool riverine forest, the thatched chalets of Madikwe Reserve offer more than just comfortable accommodation; their private viewing decks and outdoor showers provide the luxurious touches that make your stay here unforgettable.
Just 16 chalets, comprised of three double, 6 family, 6 twin rooms and one suite, make up the exclusive accommodation. Each chalet has all the amenities, such as en-suite bathroom and shower, ceiling fans, and complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, to make you feel at home.
Madikwe River Lodge prides itself on being a child-friendly establishment, and their family rooms accommodate children with twin beds and an additional sleeper couch. Cots are also available on request
• O R Tambo Johannesburg International
• Transfers to lodge are available
From O.R. Thambo International Airport:
• Follow the R21, north, to Pretoria (Tshwane)
• Then take the N1 north to Pietersburg (Polokwane).
• In approximately 12km, take N4 west towards Rustenburg or Hartebeespoort.
• Follow this road for +- 90km to Rustenburg, taking the R556 to Sun City (in roughly 94km).
• Pass Sun City’s entrance (on your right hand side) as well as the Sun Village garage and shopping centre. (It is recommended that you fill up with fuel at the Sun Village garage.)
• 5km from Sun Village, turn right at the T junction towards Derdepoort and then take the left turn towards Bapong in a further 10km.
• Carry on straight on this road for roughly 40km. (Do not turn off at the Madikwe Hospital sign.)
• At the second 4 way stop turn right to Derdepoort. A 30km gravel road starts at the Dwarsberg, about 15km after that and in about 40km you will get a 4 way stop.
• Turn left to the gate.
• Please note: You will need to pay a gate entrance fee of R160 per vehicle and R40 per person. The entrance fee can only be confirmed at the time of making your reservation (Prices subject to change)
|01 Jan 2014 – 30 Apr 2014||01 May 2014 – 31 Aug 2014||01 Sep 2014 – 31 Dec 2014|
The above mentioned price includes luxurious accommodation, three meals per day, and an exciting game drive twice daily by an experienced safari guides, and twice daily safari walks.