Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
Location: South Africa–>Kruger National Park–>Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Good For:Couple/Romantic, Family, Solo
Sabi Sands Game Reserve, the “birthplace” of sustainable wilderness tourism and development in Sub-Saharan Africa, loved by by guests and staff alike as a place of wilderness, wildlife and adventure. Home to the extensive Mpumalanga cross-section of wildlife, including the Big Five and various endangered species, the park also shares 50 kilometers of its unfenced boundary line with neighbouring Kruger National Park. Animals pass casually between the two parks, unhindered and abundant.
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge plays the role of the Sabi Sabi Game Reserve’s flagship establishment, and as such bears a strong history of hosting some of the reserve’s most famous guests. Bolstered by a pair of expansive decks, overlooking the brush spattered surrounds leading all the way up to the area’s popular watering holes, Bush Lodge is an ideal bush retreat. The evening brings with it star dusted skies overarching a fire lit boma, as the sound of laughter and tales of adventure is met by yelps and rustling from the bush.
Accommodation at the Bush Lodge is made up of twenty-five thatched suites, featuring air conditioning, private decks, en-suite bathrooms, outdoor and glass-fronted indoor showers.
Mandleve Suite is the lodge’s ultra-luxury, romantic honeymoon suite, and incorporates an open plan living area, generous bathroom and outdoor shower, private plunge pool, air conditioning, and private viewing decks with majestic sweeps of the area laid out before them.
Wellness & Spa
- Daily scheduled flights from O.R. Tambo (Johannesburg) International Airport (previously known as Johannesburg International) directly to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip
- Daily scheduled flights from O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) (Nelspruit) with a short hop to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip
- Daily scheduled flights from Durban and Cape Town to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (Nelspruit) with a short hop to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip
- Sabi Sabi is a two-hour scenic drive from Nelspruit. Transfers can be arranged
- Private air charters on request
- Helicopter transfers on request
- Complimentary transfers between the Sabi Sabi Airstrip and the Sabi Sabi safari lodges
- 500 km from Johannesburg, an easy five-hour drive on National Roads
- Continue onto N12
- Merge onto N4 (Toll road)
- Exit onto R36
- Continue onto R539
- Turn left onto N4 (Partial toll road)
- Turn right at the Guernsey turnoff and continue on the gravel road for another 10 km
- Slight left – 270 m
- Turn right toward R37 (Go through 1 roundabout)
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto R37
- Turn left onto Madiba Dr
- Continue onto Eastern Blvd
- Continue onto Provincial P9/2 Rd/R40 (Continue to follow R40)
- Turn left onto Theo Kleynhans St/R40/R538 (Continue to follow R40/R538)
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto R538
- Continue straight onto R40
- Turn right onto R536 (Go through 1 roundabout)
- Turn left – 1,2 km
- Turn right – 500 m
- Slight right – 650 m
- Turn left – 850 m
- Turn right – 120 m
- Turn left – 1,4 km
- Turn right – 40 m
- Slight left – 1,7 km
- Turn left – 1,5 km
- Slight left
Destination will be on the left
- Road transfers from the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Sabi Sabi can be arranged on request
- Sabi Sabi is a two-hour scenic drive from Nelspruit. Transfers from the airport can be arranged
- The Sabi Sand Reserve levies a cash vehicle entrance fee of R160 per vehicle and R40 per persn. The entrance fee can only be confirmed at the time of making your reservation. (Subject to change)
GPS: -24.888889 (latitude) 31.500278 (longitude)
|SUITES||1 May – 30 Jun 2015LOW SEASON||11 Jan – 30 Apr &1 Jul – 19 Dec 2015HIGH SEASON||20 Dec 2015 – 10 Jan 2016PEAK SEASON|
|Per person per night sharing||R 7500||R 8800||R 10120|
|Per person per night single(1st 2 rooms no supplement, from the 3rd single room a 50% supplement applies)||R 11250||R 13200||R 15180|
|MANDLEVE SUITE(INCLUDES PRIVATE SAFARI VEHICLE)||1 May – 30 Jun 2015LOW SEASON||11 Jan – 30 Apr &1 Jul – 19 Dec 2015HIGH SEASON||20 Dec 2015 – 10 Jan 2016PEAK SEASON|
|Per person per night sharing||R 11500||R 11500||R 13225|
|Per person per night single(1st 2 rooms no supplement, from the 3rd single room a 50% supplement applies)||R 17250||R 17250||R 19838|
The above rates include
- Open vehicle safaris by day and at night to see Africa’s big game accompanied by qualified rangers and trackers,
- Environmental awareness walking safaris,
- Breakfast, lunch and “boma” dinner and a house selection of beverages.
- Government taxes (VAT).
- A fine selection of sundowner drinks during your evening safari
- Return transfers from the Sabi Sabi Airstrip are complimentary.
- Spa treatments at Amani Spa
- Cellar wine collection & premium brands
- Curio shop purchases,
- Telephone calls & laundry
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin entrance fees (if self-drive).
Safari Vehicle Exclusivity Charges
- If vehicle exclusivity is required a charge of R4950 for the vehicle per day will be levied. A Day is regarded as lunch to lunch including an afternoon / evening and morning safari. Vehicle exclusivity is subject to availability and is based on the following seating capacities:
- Bush Lodge – 8 seats
- Little Bush Camp, Selati Camp and Earth Lodge – 6 seats
- Vehicle exclusivity must be pre-booked and the surcharge, where applicable, will be charged to the extras account.
- 3 Years and younger: Stay free of charge in a cot.
- 4 – 7 Years: Sharing with 1 or 2 adults pay R2000-00 per child per night.
- 8 – 12 Years: Sharing with 1 or 2 adults pay R3000-00 per child per night.
- 13 Years and over: Sharing with 1 or 2 adults will pay adult rate.
Children occupying their own room will pay the full adult rate for a maximum of 1 child (if 4 children sharing the remaining 3 will pay the applicable children’s rates).
- Children under the age of 6 years will not be allowed on safaris.
- Children between the age of 3 and 6 years may only accompany their parents / guardians on
- safari if there is exclusive use of a safari vehicle. The usage of an exclusive vehicle is subject to availability, a surcharge and restrictions at sightings due to possible disturbance to animals and/or guests on other vehicles.
- Babysitters can be arranged from a minimum rate of R100-00 per child per hour which is to be paid directly to the babysitter.
- Babysitters are to be booked with reception on arrival.
- Children 4 years and younger will not be allowed in the boma for dinner. Dinner will be arranged in the Safari Lounge between 17h00 and 19h00 or as room service. Breakfast and lunch as per normal with parents / guardians.
- Sabi Sabi reserves the right of allowing or disallowing children on safari for any possible reason and this is at the discretion of the General Manager / Ranger of the vehicle.
- Bush Lodge can accommodate 3 family rooms with a maximum of 3 children per room.
Validity: 01 January 2015 – 31 December 2015
ELEFUN CENTRE – BUSH LODGE
- Target age group: 4 – 12 years.
- Children under 4 years need to be accompanied to the centre by an adult (parent, family member or child minder, which may be booked through Reception).
- When there are evening activities in the lounge, children under 4 years need to be accompanied by an adult (parent, family member or child minder, which may be booked through Reception).
- When the EleFun Centre Coordinator is supervising the children in the evening, her responsibility ends at 21h30, after which time a child minder may be booked to sit with the children.